For the purpose of this post, please take note of the following:
- I live in Texas.
- Texas summers can be brutal, in terms of the heat.
- Even though it’s May, summer has already started here.
- Cold drinks make the Texas heat more bearable.
I’ve started making protein shakes for lunch because they’re quick, easy, filling and well, cold. It’s only May, and I’m already complaining about the summer heat. That is never a good sign.
Here’s my favorite new recipe:
P.S.- It’s gluten-free (as long as you make it when a GF protein powder). YAY!
Strawberry pineapple protein shake
1 cup frozen strawberries
1/3 cup frozen pineapples
1/2 cup non-fat plain greek yogurt
1/2 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk
1 packet of stevia
1 serving of vanilla whey protein powder of your choice (I use BioChem because it’s GF and good quality)
How ya make it
1. Add all the ingredients into a good blender (I recommend a Ninja). I usually put the stevia and protein in last to prevent clumps.
2. Blend the crap outta all the ingredients.
3. Serve and enjoy.
See, I told you it was super easy. And it’s yummy too.
This is a pretty thick shake. If you prefer it to be thinner, add 1 cup of almond milk instead of 1/2 cup. You could swap out the pineapples for a banana (frozen or not). If you swap out the frozen strawberries for another fruit, make sure to add ice.